1525 K
4. tcmeyers
5. kbata
6. Martie
7. Hammerton
8. rrenfrow
9. bneeman
10. plegler
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 05:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
FMWebschool releases more educational FMStudio webinars - check them out here:
http://www.fmwebschool.com/webinars.php
27779 Posts in 6146 Topics by 1525 Members
Latest Member: alkyred
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  fmwebschool.com
|-+  FileMaker Inc Products and Technologies
| |-+  FileMaker Server 9
| | |-+  FileMaker Server 7 / 8 Advanced
| | | |-+  Apache 2.2 (apache2) integration with FMSA8?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Apache 2.2 (apache2) integration with FMSA8?  (Read 4225 times)
flumignan

« on: January 17, 2007, 04:31:37 PM »

I would think that this was asked a million times already, but I can't find a good response.

Our university has a dependency on Apache 2.2 for the purposes of web-based authentication.  We are using FM Server 8 Advanced and can't seem to get the mod_jk_fm.so to load. Apache 2 says it's "garbled" and we think that it might be only good to work with Apache 1.3.  Which would stink. 

The httpd.conf file syntax is fine otherwise, except when that module is called. 

Calling FM, they gave me the standard line, "It's only supported on Apache 1.3" but... that can't be, right?

Has anyone any resources for deploying Apache 2.2 with FM Server 8 Advanced?
Michael Petrov
Chief Software Developer
Administrator

Kudos: 15522

Applications:
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 06:37:34 AM »

What version of FMSA do you currently have? The issue might be with an older version but I think the latest Mac OS versions ship with Apache2 by default therefore I think it should be supported by FMSA 8.04.

Best Regards,
Michael Petrov

Michael Petrov,
Chief Software Developer
FMWebschool
michael@fmwebschool.com
Keep up with our development, follow me on Twitter
flumignan

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 11:49:59 AM »

FMSA8 -- the latest, v4 or v04 or whatever the numeral is.

Mac OS X Server 10.4 ships with Apache 2, located in the /opt directory. However, Apache 1.3 remains the default web server and what the typical end user works with when using their Server Admin tools.

The official line from FileMaker is, "FileMaker Server Advanced 8 is qualified to work with Apache 1.3".  That's it. That's all they'll say.

I'm hoping someone in the community has "fixed" the Filemaker-ized Tomcat module that ships with FMSA8, called mod_jk_fm.so. I'd like to use the Apache 2.2-capable version of mod_jk.so.

flumignan

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »

OK, to overcome FileMaker's dependency on Apache 1.3, download the trial version of  Tenon's  iTools 8.x for Mac OS X.  If it works, purchase it; it's $300 for .edu customers.

This will allow you to use Apache 2.2 with FileMaker Server Advanced 8 and the Web Publishing Engine.

See  http://www.tenon.com/support/itools8/Single-FMSA8_Apache2.pdf for instructions. It works for our environment quite well.
Michael Petrov
Chief Software Developer
Administrator

Kudos: 15522

Applications:
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »

Great find! (the PDF instructions)

Do you realize though that you don't need the actual toosl package for this, just take the code from page 4 and place it httpd.conf and get a fresh tomcat server module for Apache 2.2. The mounting settings provided should be enough to get it going!

(I will see if I can convince Stephen to invest in making a tutorial video on this subject!)

Best Regards,
Michael Petrov

Michael Petrov,
Chief Software Developer
FMWebschool
michael@fmwebschool.com
Keep up with our development, follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: