FileMaker, Inc. discontinues FileMaker Mobile
As of the end of the business day, December 19, 2007, FileMaker, Inc. will no longer sell FileMaker Mobile.
* December 19, 2007: Last day to order FileMaker Mobile 8. The product will be available until the end of the business day, local time.**
* June 18, 2008: Last day to receive support and order replacement media for FileMaker Mobile 7 and FileMaker Mobile 8. They will be available until the end of the business day, local time.**
** Availability is dependent on inventory
* Why is FileMaker, Inc. discontinuing the sales and development of FileMaker Mobile 8?
Technological innovations and the availability of Internet-enabled devices are rapidly changing mobile computing. Apple has introduced the iPhone and FileMaker, Inc. has invested in several technologies to enable customers to publish live data to the Web, most recently PHP.
* When will FileMaker, Inc. stop distributing FileMaker Mobile 8?
December 19, 2007 is the last day to place an order for FileMaker Mobile 8, however the product will be available for purchase until the end of that business day, local time. Product availability is dependent on inventory.
* Will FileMaker, Inc. continue to support FileMaker Mobile 7 and 8? If so, for how long?
Yes. FileMaker, Inc. will offer Technical Support for FileMaker Mobile 7 and 8 until June 18, 2008. Replacement CDs and documentation will be available until that date.
----I need to view my data but I do not need to create and/or modify my data.
Create an Adobe PDF or Excel spreadsheet from your FileMaker data directly within FileMaker Pro using PDF Maker or Excel Maker. You can also export your data as an html table from within FileMaker Pro.
----I need only my contact information.
Consider using a plug-in that syncs your FileMaker Pro data with Mac OS X Address Book®, Microsoft Outlook®, or Microsoft Entourage®.
----I need to create and/or modify my data.
At a simple level, import and export may work for you. FileMaker Pro supports a variety of file formats. Otherwise, consider 3rd party FileMaker syncing technology such as SyncDeK to sync your laptop to FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server. Or consider using HanDBase on your handheld and syncing to FileMaker Pro.
* How can I access my FileMaker Pro data live from my Web-enabled handheld device or Smartphone?
Using PHP such as FMStudio or the FMStudio iPhone module or the Dreamweaver iPhone module.
* I just purchased FileMaker Mobile 8. Due to this discontinuation announcement, can I return FileMaker Mobile 8?
The option of returning FileMaker Mobile 8 depends upon your method of purchase. Please read the FileMaker, Inc. Product Return and Refund policy:http://www.filemaker.com/company/legal/notice/returns.html
* How have you notified customers about discontinuing FileMaker Mobile?
We will send an email week of October 22nd to all registered customers of FileMaker Mobile 7 and FileMaker Mobile 8 who have opted-in to our email notifications. In addition, we highlight the policy change on www.filemaker.com http://www.filemaker.com